Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aunt Til's Cornbread



This cornbread is so good, it tastes like cake! The recipe comes from our dear Aunt Til in Tennessee.


serves 12 ( 4 points + )

  • 2 T. canola oil
  • 1 c. self rising white cornmeal
  • 1 c. self rising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c. lowfat buttermilk



Place oil in an 11 x 7 pan coated with cooking spray. Place in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Remove hot pan from the oven. Pour in cornbread mixture. Bake until done.... not sure how long as I forget to set the timer, but it cooks fairly quickly. I would guess in about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...