Friday, August 20, 2010

Blueberry Bread Pudding



Instead of traditional birthday cake, I decided to try this recipe for my son's birthday celebration. He loves blueberry pie, so I thought he would like this as well. All I can say is YUM! Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
This recipe was adapted and lightened from an old "Cooking Light" magazine.

serves 12 ( 5 points)

1 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. light stick butter
2 T. light corn syrup
2 c. blueberries
1 ( 16 oz) loaf of Italian or French bread
1-1/2 c. 2% milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/4 c. egg beaters
2 tsp. powdered sugar

Combine first three ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly into a 13 x 9 baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with blueberries.
Remove crust from bread. Break the bread into pieces and spread over blueberries.
Whisk together egg beaters, milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Remove from refrigerator. Uncover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until browned. Let stand 5 minutes. Place a large platter or jellyroll pan upside down over baking pan; carefully invert onto platter. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. YUM...if it wasn't 11:30pm I might get in the kitchen and make this!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...