Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blueberry- Raspberry Crumb Pie






I wanted to make a blueberry pie today, but did not have quite enough blueberries.  I did have some frozen raspberries, so I decided to add those as well. This pie was so good... a fresh taste of summer! Serve this with a low-fat or fat-free vanilla ice-cream.


Serves 8 ( 5 points)


1 refrigerated pie crust, unrolled and placed in a pie pan


Filling:
3 c. fresh blueberries
2 c. frozen raspberries ( or fresh)
3 T. flour
1/3 c. Splenda
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt


Topping:
1/2 c. flour
2 T. old-fashioned oats
2 T. canola oil
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt


In a large bowl, stir together filling ingredients. Spoon into pie crust.
In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over pie.

Bake pie at 375 degrees until hot and bubbly ( about 45-60 minutes). Let cool for one hour before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Can you use frozen blueberries and frozen raspberries? I have them both on hand!

    Also, do they need to be thawed or can I just put them in frozen?

    Thanks, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...