Friday, August 6, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan


We are growing eggplant in our garden this year. This is one of my favorite ways to make it. I think even those who don't like eggplant, may like this recipe!



serves 4 ( 2 stacks = 4 points +)


  • 1 large eggplant, sliced into 24 thin slices ( about 1/4" thick)
  • 2 egg whites, beaten
  • 2/3 c. bread crumbs
  • 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
  • Oregano, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder to taste
  • 1-1/2 c. canned tomato sauce, seasoned to your liking
  • 1/2 c. part-skim mozzarella, shredded

Spray two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375.

Place beaten egg whites in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and spices in another shallow dish. Dip eggplant in egg whites and then coat in bread crumb mixture. Place on baking sheets and bake 25 minutes, turning once or until golden and crisp.

Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. Place 8 slices of eggplant in the bottom of the pan. Top with 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat twice.

Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe :) I used the whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs to make these even healthier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made this tonight. Very good! My husband requested even crispier, so I may try baking for a tiny bit more. Wonder if this will compromise taste?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...