Friday, August 27, 2010

Lemon-Splashed Shrimp Salad







Tonight's meal was simple and light, but full of flavor. This recipe was adapted from 



serves 4 ( about 1-3/4 c. = 5 points +)

  • 2/3 c. uncooked whole wheat rotini pasta
  • 1-1/2 lbs. fully cooked shrimp
  • 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 3/4 c. sliced celery
  • 1/2 c. chopped avocado
  • 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
  • 3 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
  •  pepper to taste ( I used a garlic pepper seasoning)


Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place noodles with thawed shrimp and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to coat.

2 comments:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight. It was excellent! Very light, yet very filling. The portion size was big and the flavor was very good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it, Terri.
    I thought it was great too! I love how easy it was to make!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...