Monday, August 30, 2010

Texas Sheet Cake









This cake is perfect for the impatient person that I am! You can frost it as soon as it comes out of the oven. I love making this cake for birthday parties or large gatherings. I have tried lightening it in the past, but it did not turn out well. I have only slightly lightened it this time, but have cut smaller pieces. The taste is great!


serves 48 ( 3 points)


2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
2 sticks butter
4 T. baking cocoa
1 c. water
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda


Frosting:
6 T. light stick butter ( Land O' Lakes)
1/4 c. skim milk
4 T. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar


For cake, mix sugar and flour in a large bowl. In a saucepan, melt the butter, cocoa and water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and pour over flour and sugar. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into a jellyroll pan ( 15 x 10 x 1") coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.



Meanwhile, about 5 minutes before cake is done, melt butter, cocoa and milk in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Pour over warm cake and spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...