Monday, August 16, 2010

Zucchini Ribbon Salad- Italian style




I have seen lots of recipes with zucchini sliced to look like ribbons. I thought I would try my own version with some produce from my own garden! This is a great way to serve zucchini without having to cook it.

serves 4 ( 3 points +)


  • 1 large zucchini
  • 2 large tomatoes
  • 2 T. pine nuts, toasted
  • 2 T. parmesan cheese
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 2 T. balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • spices to your taste - I used Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper

Shave zucchini into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Cut tomatoes into wedges and then halve.
Carefully combine tomatoes and zucchini in a large bowl. Add pine nuts. Sprinkle with spices. Whisk together balsamic, olive oil and Dijon mustard. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...