Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zucchini Stuffing


I do not normally think of stuffing as a summer dish, except when it comes to this zucchini stuffing. The original recipe comes from my friend, Susan W. but I have lightened it. It is one of my favorite stuffing recipes! I also double this recipe for our family because we love to eat it as left-overs too!

serves 6 (4 points +)


  • 3 small zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick
  • 3/4 c. shredded carrots
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 2 T. light butter
  • 2-1/2 c. stuffing cubes ( I like Brownberry)
  • 1 can Campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 c. fat free sour cream ( Breakstone's)

Cook zucchini for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute carrots and onion until tender. Transfer carrot mixture to a large bowl. Add 1-1/2 c. stuffing cubes, soup and sour cream. Gently stir in zucchini. Transfer to a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Melt butter and stir into remaining stuffing cubes. Sprinkle stuffing cubes over the top of the casserole. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...