Friday, February 4, 2011

Italian Beef Barley Soup




This is a very hearty and filling soup!


serves 10 ( 1-⅓ c. = 7 points+ )



  •  2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cut into cubes
  • 3 onions, chopped
  • 4 celery ribs, chopped
  • 3 medium carrots, thinlu sliced
  • 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 can ( 46 oz) tomato juice
  • 1 can ( 28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp. thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ c. pearl barley



In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown the beef and onions until meat is no longer pink,]. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer until veggies and barley are tender ( about 1-½ hours)


adapted from "Healthy Cooking"

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog the other day somehow, I believe through Pinterest! We tried this recipe tonight and it was very yummy. My two little boys 3 and 1.5 enjoyed it as well. Thanks for these recipes, I have many more on the list to try!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...