Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Italian Sausage Frittata




Yummy and Filling!
serves 6 ( 6 points +) or if you want a larger piece, cut into four servings for ( 10 points + )



  • ½ lb. ground Italian sausage
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
  • ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste



Preheat broiler.
Heat a 10" oven-proof skillet coated with nonstick spray. Cook Italian sausage, peppers and onions, breaking up meat and cooking until no longer pink. Spread mixture evenly in the pan and add the eggs. Cook until eggs are almost set. Place tomatoes over the top of the eggs and sprinkle with cheese. Place pan under broiler for 4-6 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy. Did you put the tomatos and cheese after the trip to the oven and then back in to melt the cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Messy Face,
    I put the tomatoes and cheese on right before putting the pan under the broiler. Thanks for catching that. I will add that to the directions:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this tonight and 4/5 of my family liked it! Thank you for the recipe. I have not made a frittata before. There were a few things not specified in the recipe so I guessed. I beat the eggs before I put them in the pan, and once they were in the pan I didn't stir; I just let everything sit until "almost set". Is that the right way?

    They seemed to cook really slowly this way so I put the lid on the pan, which helped them cook. Is that what you do?

    The bad thing was that the food on the bottom of the pan (meat and veggies) got a little scorched. Not bad enough to affect the taste, but bad enough to make the pan hard to clean!

    Do you have any suggestions for next time??? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...