Saturday, July 2, 2011

Corn, Crab and Tomato Salad



This salad is perfect for a hot, summer day when you do not want to turn on the oven. You can eat this by itself for lunch or as a side dish with dinner. I served this with grilled bbq chicken and green beans.


serves 6 ( about 1 c. = 3 points +)



  • 5 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 T. lemon rind
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 ( 6 oz. cans crab meat, drained)
  • 1-½ c. frozen corn, thawed
  • ½ c. red bell pepper, chopped
  • ½ c. red onion, finely chopped
  • ¼ c. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved



Whisk together first 6 ingredients ( through salt and pepper).
In a medium bowl, toss remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.

1 comment:

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...