Monday, July 18, 2011

Minted Lemon-Lime Watermelon Fresca



I made this delicious drink the other night to go along with Chicken with Watermelon Salsa,
Chili Roasted Potatoes, salad and Cherry Upside Down Cakes. It was very refreshing.

serves 9 ( 3 points +)

  • 1-¼ c. water
  • ½ c. sugar
  • ⅓ c. coarsely chopped fresh mint
  • 1 T. grated lime rind
  • 1 T. grated lemon rind
  • 12 c. cubed seeded watermelon
  • ¼ c. lime juice
  • 3 T. lemon juice


Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in mint, lime rind and lemon rind. Let stand for 20 minutes. Strain mixture over a bowl. Discard solids.

Place ⅓ of sugar mixture and watermelon in a blender. Process until smooth. Repeat two more times. Serve over ice.

from "Cooking Light"

1 comment:

  1. I will be trying this ASAP! I love anything and everything with watermelon!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...