Monday, September 26, 2011

Squash Souffles

Fall is the perfect time of year for squash. Butternut squash is one of my favorites and this recipe is one of my favorites for butternut squash. I actually got seven souffles out of this recipe.



serves 6 ( 4 points +)

  • 1 ( 1.5 lb) butternut squash, cut in half and seeded
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ c. light stick butter
  • 2 T. flour
  • ¾ tsp. salt
  • ¼ tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ c. + 2 T. sugar, divided
  • 2 egg whites



Set out 2 eggs to come to room temperature ( for the egg whites)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash, cut side down on a baking sheet. Cook until soft and tender. ( about 45 minutes to 1 hour). Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
Remove squash from skin. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add egg, butter, flour, salt, cinnamon and ¼ c. sugar. Beat until smooth.
Spray 6 ramekin dishes with cooking spray. 
In a mixing bowl, beat two egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2 T. sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into squash mixture. Pour into ramekins and bake until center is set and tops are puffed. ( 20-30 minutes). Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...