Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beef Daube Provencal



This stew can be made in a Dutch oven or slow cooker. If making in the slow cooker, follow directions through step 2 and than transfer ingredients to slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours.


serves 6 ( about ¾ c. stew and ½ c. noodles = 9 points + )



  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 4-5 tsp. crushed garlic ( I buy crushed garlic in a jar)
  • 2 lb. boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 2" cubes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 c. red wine
  • 2 c. chopped carrot
  • 1 c. chopped onion
  • ½ c. fat-free beef broth
  • ½ tsp. dried rosemary
  • ½ tsp. dried thyme
  • 1 ( 14 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 3 c. cooked egg noodles



1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.


2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add garlic and saute. Add beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Add wine to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping to loosen browned bits. Add remaining ingredients through bay leaf.


3. Cover and bake for 2-½ hours or until beef is tender. Discard bay leaf, Serve over egg noodles.


adapted from "Cooking Light"

3 comments:

  1. ok this looks amazing! totally going to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to give this one a try! I included this recipe on my weekly What to Cook Wednesday feature. I hope you will come by and check it out {and maybe grab a featured button while you are there}!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...