Monday, January 16, 2012

Mocha Chip Muffins





These are a fun little morning treat or afternoon snack. They are perfect to serve to a friend who comes over for coffee. Is there anyone who does not like the combination of coffee and chocolate?
Make sure that you do not over-cook these. Check them early.


Serves 12 ( 5 points + )

  • ⅔ c. skim milk
  • 5 T. light stick butter, melted
  • 3 T. instant coffee granules
  • ½ tsp. vanilla
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 c. flour
  • ⅔ c. sugar
  • ½ c. mini chocolate chips
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • ¼ tsp. salt



Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.


Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Make a well in the center. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake 15-18 minutes or until done. Remove muffins from pan immediately; cool on a wire rack.


adapted from "Cooking Light"

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to make these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enz,
    Let me know how you like them. I think I am going to make them again this week!
    They are great warm. I would suggest re-warming in the microwave for about 12 seconds the second day... if you have any left :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these tonight, they were great!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...