Monday, February 6, 2012

Prosciutto Wrapped Roasted Tomatoes



This was an hors de' ouvre that I made for the Super Bowl. It was adapted from a cookbook called "Italian Diet".


serves 12 ( 3 points + )



  • 6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • black pepper
  • 7 oz. fat-free cream cheese
  • ¼ c. thinly sliced green onion
  • 12 slices prosciutto ( about 12 oz)
  • 1 T. honey



Place cut tomatoes, skin side down on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Broil for 10 minutes. Cool.
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in green onions. Top tomatoes evenly with cream cheese mixture. Roll in prosciutto and drizzle with honey.

2 comments:

  1. We made these this weekend and they were DELISH. We sprayed with olive oil spray and then grilled them (only I forgot about the honey.) My favorite piece of the meal!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...