Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grilled Caribbean Lime Chicken with Pineapple Salsa


from Taste of Home's "Healthy Cooking" magazine
serves 8 (6 points +)

  • 1/2 c. lime juice
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp. oregano
  • 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
  • 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( 6 oz. each)
Salsa:

  • 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 1 c. diced fresh pineapple
  • 2/3 c. cubed avocado
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 T. lime juice
  • 1T. cider vinegar
  • ¼ c. chopped, fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
In a large ziplock bag, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add chicken, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Coat grill with cooking spray. Cook chicken until juices run clear.
Combine salsa ingredients, cover and refrigerate until serving.

4 comments:

  1. If you don't have cider vinegar, what could you use as a replacement??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use a raspberry vinegar or even a white vinegar

      Delete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free Mulberry outlet!! I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this the other night and we loved it! Definitely going into my "make again list." We are trying you italian zucchini meatloaf tonight I will let you know if we like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...