Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Swiss Chard with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette


Today, I decided to try something new, as in a food that I have never tasted in my entire life. I came across 4 recipes for Swiss chard in the "Cooking Light" magazine and so decided to try this one first.
This Swiss chard was an organic rainbow Swiss chard. It was so pretty!

serves 4 (1 point +)

  • 6 c. chopped Swiss chard
  • 2 slices applewood smoked bacon
  • 2 tsp. cider vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 slices applewood smoked bacon to pan; cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Remove pan from heat. Add cider vinegar and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Pour over Swiss chard. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...