Friday, March 15, 2013

Honey Butter Turnips


This was my first time trying turnips! They are low carb, healthy, loaded with antioxidants and potassium. The slightly tart flavor was offset nicely by the sweetness of the honey. We all enjoyed them.

serves 8 ( 2 points +)


  • 2- 2 1/2  lbs. turnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 3 T. honey
  • 3 T. butter, melted
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • dried thyme


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large jelly roll pan with nonstick spray. Place the turnips on the baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter, honey, salt, pepper and thyme. Toss to coat. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender, stirring once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...