Monday, June 24, 2013

Lemon Dill Chicken


I was in the mood for some Greek tasting food and decided to try this recipe, which I adapted from a site called "Eating Well". I made this along with Greek Lemon Potatoes and a lovely salad with feta cheese.

Serves 6 ( 4 points +)

  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( 4 oz. each)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
  • 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
  • 1 tsp. crushed garlic
  • 1 c. fat-free chicken broth
  • 2 tsp. flour
  • 2 T. chopped fresh dill, divided
  • 1 T. lemon juice


Heat a large skillet ( cast iron if you have one) and add 1-1/2 tsp. oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Sear until well browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.

Add remaining oil to pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook 1 minute.

Whisk together broth, flour, 1 T. dill and lemon juice. Add to onion mixture in the pan and cook until thickened. ( about 1 minute). Return chicken to pan with any juices that have accumulated. Cook until heated through ( 3-4 minutes). 

Place chicken on a platter. Pour sauce over the top and garnish with remaining 1 T. chopped dill.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...