Thursday, September 5, 2013

Italian Meatballs


My grandmother was the BEST cook in the world and ever since she passed away, I have not been a fan of meatballs. No matter which recipe I tried or no matter who made them, they could not come close to grandma's.... until now. This recipe was surprisingly easy, since you do not have to brown them.  The meatballs do have to simmer on low in a pot of sauce for 3 hours, so allot plenty of time.  This recipe made 26-28 meatballs and they were devoured in about 5 minutes... not a trace left! Try them out and let me know what you think!

Makes 26-28 meatballs ( each meatball = 2 points+)


  • 2 lbs. lean ground beef ( 93% lean)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. skim milk
  • 1 c. seasoned Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. oregano
  • 2 tsp. dried parsley
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl by hand. Roll meatballs about 2- 2-1/2 inch in diameter to make 26-28 meatballs.
Drop meatballs into a large sauce pot of heated marinara sauce. Simmer for about 3 hours. Stir the bottom of the pot about every half hour.

adapted from "Food.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...