Thursday, July 17, 2014

Honey Lemon Chia Seed Muffins



My niece recently returned from Spain and brought me a jar of the most delicious honey. I knew I wanted to try them out for this recipe! This recipe is a variation of the "Tuscan Lemon Muffins" on my blog. They are the ultimate summery muffin! The ricotta makes these muffins light and airy and full of flavor. I hope you like them. The adapted recipe came from a site called " Table forTwo ".

Makes 12 muffins ( 5 points +)


  • 1-3/4 c. flour
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 c. part-skim ricotta
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • zest of 2 lemons
  • 2 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 egg
  • 2 T. chia seeds
  • 2 T. honey, melted


Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners or spray with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, whisk together, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

In a medium bowl, mix together, ricotta, water, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg.

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon. Add chia seeds and gently fold into batter.

Divide batter evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Let cool for 5 minutes then brush with melted honey. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from people who visit my blog! Let me know that you stopped by and let me know if you try a recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...